CW Generator mode
You might need to configure the morserino to send characters via serial line first (see below)! Only Chrome, Edge and Opera are supported at the moment!
- Connect usb cable from Morserino32 to your PC/Mac/Linux machine.
- Use "Connect" button and select serial port of Morserino32
- Start CW-Generator on Morserino
- Type your decoded CW text into the second field.
- Hide received/compared text if you want.
The results can also be saved into the local storage of the browser to show the progress you make and to have some text to encode in cw.
For a CW Keyer training copy the text to be keyed into the "Your Input" field and start keying on the Morserino.
To learn CW-abbreviations set the Morserino to "Echo Trainer/Abbreviations". All correctly abbreviations
that you keyed correctly show the abbreviation to easy learning the meaning.
For a QSO training set Morserino to "CW Keyer" mode and start talking to the qso bot.
Example of QSO messages:
- cq cq cq de <your callsign> kn
- r r <bot callsign> de <your callsign> =
my name is <your name> =
my qth is <your location>=
<bot callsign> de <your callsign> kn
- r r gm om =
ur rst is 589 589 = hw ? pse k
- r r gb yl kn
- tu e e
Try the "I'm lazy!" button to see possible QSO messages.
The QSO bot is answering in cw - you can note down what you understand, repeat the bot's message or simply show the message as text.
Configure Morserino to send data via serial cable (by default, the morserino does not send data to the serial connection):
- Double click black button on Morserino
- Find "Serial Output"
- Set to "Everything"
You might to do this for every stored snapshot profile you want to use!
Serial Communication Driver Installation
If you connect the Morserino to your PC/laptop and the device is detected,
but no driver is found, you need to install the driver for your operating system
from the Download section of the SiLab chip company
- Open the link above (will open in a new tab)
- Go to "Download"
- For Windows PCs: choose "CP210x Universal Windows Driver"
- Download the zip file and unzip its content (you really need to extract the files to be able to install the driver!)
- Right click with your mouse on "silabser.inf" (or "silabser" if you do not see the file extension) with with type "Setup Information"
- Choose "Install"
- Unplug an replug your Morserino, then use the "Connect" to connect the web application to it.
- For Macs: choose "CP210x VCP Mac OSX Driver"
- Download the zip file and unzip its content. The directory "macOS_VCP_Driver" is then created.
- Open the installation image "SiLabsUSBDriverDisk.dmg"
- Start the installation application "Install CP210x VCP Driver.app"
- For Linux: no need to download/install anything. Should work out of the box.